LCCIL’s mission is to empower people with disabilities to lead self-directed lives as valued members of the community.
We accomplish this through Advocacy, Independent Living Skills Training, Peer Mentoring, Transition, and Information and Referral throughout Lake and McHenry counties.
Goal I. Consumer Education and Outreach
- Objective A: LCCIL will increase community awareness of its existing programs and services, outreaching to unserved and under-served groups including minority populations, in order to serve 50% more consumers by December 2019.
- Objective B: LCCIL will expand services to teach employment skills and increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities by December 2019.
- Objective C: LCCIL will expand existing peer mentoring opportunities and seek new activities to increase socialization and mentorship by December 2019.
Goal II. Organizational Development
- Objective A: LCCIL will provide development opportunities for the Board of Directors to strengthen its ability to lead and govern LCCIL to achieve its mission by December 2019.
- Objective B: LCCIL will develop a marketing/public relations plan to increase revenue and diversify funding sources for future sustainability of the organization by December 2019.
Goal III. Advocacy/Community Organizing
- Objective A: LCCIL will use leadership development and grassroots organizing to create systems change with regards to public transportation and affordable, accessible housing by December 2019.
- Objective B: LCCIL will improve voter turnout by increasing voter registration of people with disabilities by December 2019.
Goal IV. Community Education and Outreach
- Objective A: LCCIL will educate at minimum 50 community organizations in our service area about the physical and attitudinal barriers affecting people with disabilities by December 2019.
- Objective B: LCCIL will become well-versed in common health care programs utilized by our consumers and assist them to obtain and navigate through the process by December 2019.